ILG Season 2 is all set to begin!
The Indian LAN Gaming Cup – ILG Season 2 is all set to begin!
LXG continues to spring into 2018 with steady enthusiasm in the direction of Indian esports by announcing the official launch of Season 2 of the Indian LAN Gaming – ILG Cup which is scheduled to kick off it’s first weekend of esports LAN gaming action on April 7th, 2018. The pilot weekend of Season 2 will take place in Chennai, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad and Pune among the cumulative total of 16 cities lined up for the season.
The second season of the Indian LAN Gaming – ILG Cup will consist of a total series of 170+ LAN(Local Area Network) gaming events that come to life at 27 selectively chosen, high performing esports gaming cafes and 3 universities from 16 cities across India. The structured set of tournaments will be held weekly over a period of 7 months with matches streamed online across large social platforms amassing thousands of viewers. The qualifying teams from these tournaments will advance onto a qualifier towards the proportionately large ILG Season 2 Grand Finals held in October 2018. The event will also host 90 mini tournaments with merchandise to be won by gamers participating.
ILG Season 2 comes in strong with support towards the Indian esports economy by announcing an enormous Rs. 1 crore (USD $153,500*) prize pool distributed among 8 popular game titles. With 3 of the main games being DOTA 2, CS:GO & FIFA 18, this year also announces three newly introduced ‘showcase games’ and two ‘community games’. With one of the showcase games being revealed as the popular online multiplayer shooter – Overwatch, the second season of ILG will also be hosting tournaments for the popular FPS shooter Call of Duty and the newly developing esport – Rocket League. The two community inspired games have been announced as the well-known battle royale shooter PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds) and the second community game will be Rainbow Six : Siege.
*Currency exchange rate as of 4th April, 2018
The series of weekly organized esports LAN gaming events will build on the existing growing community of gamers in India and engages gamers right from entry level all the way to the top tier teams representing the country on international platforms. The LXG initiated event also aspires to strengthen the growing gaming cafe ecosystem in India by executing the weekly series of tournaments by cooperating with various gaming cafes around the country.
Registrations are ongoing for all events and will close at 8:00 pm one day prior to each event. (Brackets will be uploaded the same day)
Teams can register for any city and game at www.ilg.lxgindia.com/register (teams can also register for multiple games and cities)
Key features & highlights of ILG Season 2, 2018:
- India’s Largest organized esports LAN gaming tournament
- 2018 prize pool – ILG Season 2 announces Rs. 1 crore (USD $153,322) prize pool
- ILG Season 2 is a free to register event, registrations for multiple games allowed
- Season 2 features a new set of 170+ offline LAN tournaments over 8 different games ultimately leading up to a Grand Finale consisting of the 3 main games
- Tournaments will be organized across 16 different cities in India over a period of 7 months (list of cities on ILG website)
- Tournaments start in April 2018 and end in October 2018
- Three main games to be played – DOTA 2, CS:GO, Fifa 18 with three competitive showcase games introduced this year – Overwatch, Rocket League & Call of Duty
- ILG Season 2 will also feature two community games in the series of tournaments – PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds) and Rainbow Six : Siege
- Matches & tournament updates will be streamed online across multiple platforms – Facebook, YouTube & Twitch and also at select offline venues
- 90 mini tournaments introduced such as 1v1s with branded goodies to be won across 27 different esports gaming cafes (ILG Partnered cafe list on ILG website)
- Logitech G peripheral experience zones at 10 gaming cafes
- Tournaments will be held at 27 power packed gaming cafes & 3 universities
- ILG Season 2 partners with leading brands such as Logitech G, Nvidia, LG India & Sportskeeda.
- Indian LAN Gaming Cup (ILG) was started in 2017 by LXG
Who will be the ULTIMATE LAN WARRIOR?
The Indian LAN Gaming – ILG Cup Season 2 begins on April 7th, 2018.
Visit our Partners:
LXG : https://www.lxgindia.com/
Logitech : https://www.logitech.com/en-in
Nvidia : https://www.nvidia.in/page/home.html
LG : http://www.lg.com/in
Sportskeeda : https://www.sportskeeda.com/
LXG Shop : https://shop.lxgindia.com/
LXG TV : https://www.facebook.com/lxgtv1/
The Ultimate LAN wars are here – let the games begin!